Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
presently have '81 n/a 280zx, coolant leak, white smoke

was talking to my mechanic, diagnosis not good. blown head gasket, machine shop, etc. $650 range. mechanic suggesting to replace block.
I remember reading about six forward gears in this forum, was going to upgrade spring 2002. figure i might as well check the options

can go turbo
intrigued by six forward gears, can not find in archives

does anyone remember posting?

open to suggestions

can it be freezer plugs?

·
Registered
567 Posts
The tranny is from a camaro/firebird made around 1990. its the borg warner t56 tranny. I believe there are quite a few mods you'll have to perform in order to do it right and make it work. You might also have to find a shorter driveshaft, with different style jounts.. ect...If you have the time ad some money good luck. it is duable.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Today I was at the bone yard shopping and they have alot of Zcars alot ,any way they have the cleanest '81 in there that i've ever seen , I mean really nice , It was hit in the rear while parked, stell has the club on the steering wheel , any way I am thinking about getting a 280 engine ,so I was looking at this one the oil in CLEAN , it is vary obvious that the car has been vary well cared for. To the point they want $400. for the engine. Thats the block, head with valve cover and oil pan. If you live any where around the Portland area its worth a look. They have sold the tranny so I couldent start it . If you want more info drop me a e-mail . **** luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
No kidding? Which bone yard is this? I live in portland, i cant ever find any z stuff at the bone yards, except all z east. I think they buy them all and then proceed to rip you off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.