ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my customer installed a 83 280z head on a 83 max. the head temp sensor for the computor, located on the right side of the head near the last plug at the firewall is missing. the hole in the head is about 20mm and all the sensors i can find are 1/2 that diameter. i have gone up and back several years and checked 280 and max. ive beent to salvage yards, they are all small. can anyone help me find the right sensor. thanks ron kennedy. 423-245-6135

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: 6 cly head</b>

The maxima was originally equipped with the N-47 head and the late 280zx came with the P-79 head. I do not believe that the 70-83 Z heads had this hole for a Head temp sensor. The temp sensor for the Z's was on the thermostat housing on the front/drivers side of the head. Perhaps someone on this forum can shed further light on the subject. I can look in my salvage yard where there are alot of Z's and maxima's to see the difference.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think 1980 was the first 280zx to use the temp sensor on the passenger side toward the back of the head N47.
The P79's also had it.
Ron, If you want to call me at 1-800-533-5659, I can look at this sensor, and should be to UPS you the correct sensor. Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.