ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I Have my ignition system hooked up and set my 2 step rev limiter and bouncing off the limiter at 4000rpms builds 5 psi neutral takes it about 8 seconds to reach the 5psi, Im just glad it really builds boost after spending all that money cause I didnt buy it to get better spark I just did it for the 2 step limiter.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
wow. lets use periods and correct grammer!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO shi# bob this isnt a chat room...

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
If you aren't moving, then you shouldn't be building boost.

If you're building 5 psi of boost in neutral, something is seriously wrong.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What could be wrong with 5psi off the launch it feels great! jim wolf also sells a setup for building boost with a manual tranny they also use some type of studder box that causes the turbo to spool, I think my 60ft will improve alot.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I'm thinking your problem is very simple, your boost gauge is on crack!!! buy a good quality one, hook it up and see what it reads when you hit the gas in Nutral.

are you sure you're not reading Vac????

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
You sit for 8 seconds before you launch?

Ummm...not at any track I've ever seen. Unless the person you're racing is a complete newbie and doesn't know where to stop his car.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks red I thought you would know about it.(http://www.sr20forum.com/archive/index.php/t-11259) there ya go dummy. Read the 8th post he explains it well. If I set it at 5400 hundred rpms it probably takes about 4 seconds so I should be good at the track, and yes the people at our track here stage freakin slow doing 20 second burnouts on street tires.

Here dogg read this: This is from another forum about JWT launch program!

TurbochargedSER01-08-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by spdracerUT
It can't run super lean if there's no fuel at all! Remember, detonation is when the fuel preignites, or the flame propagation isn't smooth, etc. You get the idea.

But if there's no fuel, there's nothing to detonate. From what I can tell of how the drag launch program works.... well, in order to get the turbo to spool up, the engine has to be loaded in order to flow enough exhaust gases to spool the turbo right?

So what they're doing is cutting fuel to one of the cylinders and basically turning that one cylinder into an air pump. There's now a load on the engine caused by the compressing of the air in that cylinder. That load is enough to get that turbo to spool.

Man, that's badass, I've never thought of that before.... whoever came up with that idea is a genious.

Khiem

You hit the nail on the head! I bet you are an Engineer Major, huh?!?!?

Clark Steppler designed it!

Post Edited (Mar 17, 12:49am)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
agreed...they said that running it for more than a couple seconds would lead to cracking something. Seems like a very ghetto way to spool the turbo up. It also seems expensive if you don't have the JWT ecu already.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats the jwt version, I have the mallory hi fire box that cuts the spark to 3 of the cylinders which causes it to studder, I really didnt like cutting the fuel idea myself but how bad could it be if jwt sells it? so I got the one that cuts the spark it was cheap compared to msd setup it was like $240 for the mallory it has a built in boost retard and and a 2 step plus a place for a map sensor and some other stuff. The msd would be $380 for all of the same stuff. The mallory was also really simple to wire up. well later guys.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its really only good for dragracing but just give them a call im sure they will tell you about it. Its called the JWT launch program I have heard it cost like 250-300$ im not really sure I havent talked to them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.