ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the insurance settled for a whopping $6500. Hee, Hee! I will tow the old car to austin for ZDAD and myself to begin the project. The bottom end will retain all components; JE forged, total seal rings, turbo rods, stock crank. The only things to change will be to race prep the rods and do a complete balance with flywheel, clutch, etc. Of course ARP studs and bolts. The head will receive 2mm oversize SS intake valves and 3mm oversize SS exhaust vavles. And a radical grind cam from Top-End Performance. The turbo will be upgraded to a 62-1 T3/T04E with the big 4 turbo inlet. Most everthing else will remain the same, but there will be some secrets that must be kept. Who knows, could have a secret auto tranny with 3000 stall???? I think he is going to make me put a NIX BILT RACING sticker in the front window. Progress will be posted daily!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I'm glad everything worked out fairly OK... good luck with the project, and DO keep us posted, I am personally very interested in the outcome of this ,as i plan to do a similar setup after the suspension is done. have FUN. Stan.

·
Registered
529 Posts
WHO MAKES THE BIG VALVES YOU WILL USE?

I am also building a turbo 240Z and would be much obliged if you would disclose the manufacturer of the oversized valves you are going to use. Is it Manley? SI? Please post here or email me.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Are you going to Dyno this engine? n/c

> Well, the insurance settled for a whopping
> $6500. Hee, Hee! I will tow the old car to
> austin for ZDAD and myself to begin the
> project. The bottom end will retain all
> components; JE forged, total seal rings,
> turbo rods, stock crank. The only things to
> change will be to race prep the rods and do
> a complete balance with flywheel, clutch,
> etc. Of course ARP studs and bolts. The head
> will receive 2mm oversize SS intake valves
> and 3mm oversize SS exhaust vavles. And a
> radical grind cam from Top-End Performance.
> The turbo will be upgraded to a 62-1 T3/T04E
> with the big 4 turbo inlet. Most
> everthing else will remain the same, but
> there will be some secrets that must be
> kept. Who knows, could have a secret auto
> tranny with 3000 stall???? I think he is
> going to make me put a NIX BILT RACING
> sticker in the front window. Progress will
> be posted daily!
n/c

·
Registered
486 Posts
Big valves also

I noticed that the stainless valves I have seen are for 78 and earlier heads. I am also building a high performance N/A engine for a 240Z and would like this large valve info. Later I will consider building a turbo for my other 240, but at the time trying to build engines and swap trannies and rear ends for three cars is eating my money. If you would not mind, I would really like to know where these big valves are coming. I have this personal grudge with a 70 Mach I Mustang with a 428 in it, my uncles car, and am preparing a car to blow the doors off that and the neighbors muscles cars. Thanks,
Joshua L.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.