ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just inherited an '84 300Zx 50th AE from my grandpa... Problem with it is a leaky exhaust manifold. One of the manifold studs has snapped off and figured since I'd be fixing it, why not upgrade? Well, I've searched the internet for a set of headers... with no luck. Thanks everyone... hope someone has some good news for me.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
a 50th AE has a turbocharger. There are no headers which support this application.

If its an 1984 N/A, then you can get headers from MSA. I bought a set about two years ago. While they are nice looking, the quality was a little on the crappy side. I wish there was a better alternative, but there really isn't that I've found.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 50th AE, so it does have a turbo... Jeez, I would've thought that someone, somewhere would have built some headers for these cars... I'm just dumb-founded. So people upgrade everything else like the intake, exhaust system and internals,ect but still run factory manifolds??? That doesn't seem right... Is there some sort of reasoning why no one has put together headers for these little buggers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That doesn't really seem like a reason to me... unless it's how the turbo system is arranged and set up or something. Like I've said, I'm not too familiar with my Z, but do know that a turbo system shouldn't prohibit headers on other cars. Example: SR20DET motors... they have options for headers-galor. Hoped my little Z might have options too... Bum deal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
>"I hate you...and my Grandpa....

> That is all."

Wait 2-3 weeks... she's getting fresh paint and body mods. It's nice to run a body shop. Then you'll really despise me... I'll post before and afters... just to rub it in. Ha ha :)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Dflee17 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wait 2-3 weeks... she's getting fresh paint and
> body mods. It's nice to run a body shop. Then
> you'll really despise me... I'll post before and
> afters... just to rub it in. Ha ha :)

You're enjoying my pain, aren't you? He he :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your envy helps to get me through the day... Ha Ha!!! I shouldn't rub it in, not very nice of me... All in fun though. :)

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
1) They didn't fit well (passenger side header touches bellhousing and prevents removal of transmission without prior removal of the header, and they also contact the transmission crossmember)

2) The tube size is not port matched to the exhaust ports on the heads.

3) The welds are shitty quality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.