Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got word from my younger brother that he wants to sell his ’50 Plymouth Special Deluxe. I think I may buy it and forget about my grand ideas of a VR GTO Hot Rod. I should stick to American cars that I am familiar with. So, if anyone is interested I have the VR kit and donor plus interior for sale. $2,500 for all. No changing my mind back to the VR. Let me know if you are interested.

Jefferey K. Green
515-243-5296
[email protected]
Des Moines, IA

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ahhh Yes! I was caretaker of a 50 Plymouth convertable 6 yrs ago...it was a fun car. all original...but choose to let it go because I didn't have proper storage for it (in Oregon) or the $$ to restore...so passed it to a guy who lived in So. Calif. Twas a fun car!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
RE: More Info???

Jefferey,

What kit do you have? Is it the VR convertible? What is the donor car? Interior? Where are you?

Could you email me with more info, please. I am very interested.

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
tis a shame

Your project sounded so interesting, hate to see you give up on it. I have the impression that the blasting you took from some folx has influenced your decision. Hate to see that, tis a shame. The Zcar would be much faster hot rod than the 50 Plymouth because of weight. But hey I love hot rods no matter what/who/where! So happy motoring!! :)

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: tis a shame

Ken,

You are right about the blasting. I do not wish to associate myself with such negative people. I have been a major Corvette fan all of my life, a member of the local Corvette club and an owner of two Corvettes ('84 Coupe and '94 Convertible). I personally feel that the '94 was the best car I have ever driven or owned, yet I and most other Corvette owners don't talk about the way it could "stomp" most any Z or other cars. I like being around Hot Rod builders because they love cars in general and aren't there to belittle others for their own self gratification or ego boost.

I know I am preaching, sorry. To people like you and Steve who have given me nothing but support and honest advice, I thank you. I may still do the project, but if Erik sells the Plymouth I will buy it. I was also looking at a '37 Dodge Coupe yesterday. Pretty nifty.

Thanks again everyone.

Rev. Green

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>RE: tis a shame</b>

Jefferey,

Keep me posted. If you decide not to do the VR, I may be persuaded to take on the project sooner than intended.

Sounds like you're going to have fun whichever way you decide to go.

Later,

Matt

My e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
keep me posted

[email protected] I am a purist of sorts..I love cars pure and simple. Mopars, Chevies, Fords, Nissan, Ferrari, you name it. My interests in cars span the horizon, so if you ever want to do some bench racing drop me a line!

Take care Rev

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RE: Geez, are you selling or not?!

Second time I've seen you post you're selling this thing for sure, and then the next post is you might finish it. Seems pretty fickle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.