ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, how do the 5 point harnesses and such bolt in? Can I use them with my stock seats? Or are there any harnesses that I can use that allow me to use my stock seats?

Brett

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: I have 5 point harness

I have 2 RCI 5 point harnesses in my VR - Got them from Summit for $59/ea. I used the stock lower belt mounting points for the bottom belt and one side bolts to the stock location on the strut tower. The other side gets bolted to a strut brace I welded across the strut towers. It's not the ideal solution, better would be a roll cage with attach points on it. But for sub 150MPH I will hopefully still be alive (if I don't roll).

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could try a 4 point harness, that way you don't have to worry about the crouch belt(and the problems related to the stock seats)but still get more protection and a more positive locating belt than the stock belt system.

Russel 83ZXT

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I put the Simpson harnesses in my '82. I had to make some mounts for it all but it was worth it. I used some peices of 1/8 inch plate with some chain links welded on to bolt the seat belts to the stock hard points. Then for the shoulder belts, I used the stock hard points again and stretched a peice of small diameter tubing between them, used 1/8 plate again to give me something to weld to then bolt on. So the whole thing mounts to all the stock hard points with the stock bolts. The sub belt I used a peice of angle iron and another small peice of 1/8 plate to back it up, drilled a hole in the floor board and bolted it in. The whole thing locks you in tight when you want or you can loosen them for driving around town. I have them on both sides.

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.