ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, first of all aspologies for posting this request here, i have had an add in the classifieds and nothing has happened.....

i really need a maxima 4speed auto box (the one with overdrive) as described in the technical article under the 'features' section.

i am in northern ireland and i know the shipping will be horrendous, but i really need this box.......

email me if anyone out there can help.... thanx

now - where did i put that flame retardent suit........ lol

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
MAN! What are you willing to spend?

I mean, I got to think shipping that heavy ******* would be horrendous!

Let me ask you, do you have access to Mitsubishi Starions in Ireland or the U.K.?

If you do, let me suggest you grab THAT transmission, and then have someone ship you the bellhousing and torqueconverter from a Maxima from the states. The tranny is the same, but being from a Turbo Starion is capable of more HP, and that will significantly decrease your shipping costs.

What do you say?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Tony, could he use the tranny from a 85 Toyota Supra? I was thinking they may be the same from Jatco. He has a Supra in his driveway.

Dave

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have two of them Complete. I want $150.00 for it. But I have no clue on how to crate or box this thing for shipping. It weighs a ton.

zdale

·
Registered
310 Posts
Doesn't the maxima four speed auto almost bolt on and the Starion tranny setup require some more extensive mods like changing the driveshaft setup and making new transmission mounts? If his 80 zx is not a turbo, it probably would be better to just use the maxima transmission and save the extra work. Yes? No? Maybe?

81zxturbo
95slobaru

·
Registered
620 Posts
You buy a UPS pallet (normally plastic) strap it down and then shrink wrap it. i got a motor sent to from Hawaii to here in Australia, it cost 600 USD for shipping!

If your a nice man you will get it fumigated and steam cleaned before shipping it other wise irish customs will screw double the value out of him.

The woes of shipping

Mat.

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
Yeah, only Nissan and Mitsubishi...

Starion use that 4LN71 that I'm aware of, and the Starion unit is stouter like the Nissan Three-Speed for the turbo is stouter...

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
nope...

tranny the same, only torque converter and bellhousing needed to swap.
While the driveshaft MAY need to have the Starion shaft end added, it will cost NO MORE than the shortening and rebalancing of the stock unit from the Z, as they tranny is longer, and needs a shortened driveshaft anyway.

Both the Nissan and Mitsubishi are Jatco 4LN71's, and in either case, you have to make a mount, it is most DEFINATELY NOT a "direct bolt-in"...

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
Z31?

Don't you STILL need the Maxima Torque converter and bellhousing then, also?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.