ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I told a friend that there was 4 wheel steering offered on the ZX at a time. Noone believed me. I was reaeding an article in Car and Driver today about GM pickup trucks and it says that some of the 300ZXs had 4 wheel steering. Is this true? and was it any good?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I recall something a few years back as having 4 wheel steering... I can't remember what it was , but I don't think it was a Z... course I've been known to be wrong a time or two...

Shayne

·
Registered
69 Posts
Don't take my word for it as I've never seen one, but the Z32 did offer the HICAS (4 wheel steering) system, like in some skylines. It only came on some of the coupes, as you couldn't get it on a convertible or other models. I'm not 100% sure of all this but from what I've read in road & track and various advertisements, it was available.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The 93-96 ZX turbo's got the HICAS four wheel steering. A lot of race models had the feature removed though as the weight of the system wasn't worth the function...
:)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Re: Yep, I was wrong...

they mad some honda's and mitsubitishi's with it also. for some reasion i thought all z32's aka 90-96 300's had all wheel steering.
i believe the skyline is also all wheel drive along with all wheel steering. but the older one where not.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
the g's man

it is a fetish I think with nissan. It is a way to get a car that is prone to understeer to turn it ass. safe car and also has high lateral g rates. The skyline will kill the vette in the lateral because of it and still be under perfect control.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Re: the g's man

Some Mazda MX-6's round 1993-96 or so had 4WS.
I also believe some Honda Preludes had the system (early 90's)

I think the word is that 4WS doesnt really do much at all...sertainly not worth what it would cost

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.