Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have someone that will make me a 1" spacer to convert from 4x114.3 to
5x114.3 , yes from 4 lug to 5 lug ... he has already done a few and claims that work fine ....
as you all problably know there are some Cobra wheels that are 16x8 with 0 offset and in the 5x114.3 lug pattern ...
my question is: if I get these spacers and buy these wheels will they fit with no mods ??? I have stock suspension ....
please notice tha the new wheels will have a Zero offset as well and will be 16x8 in size ....
please let me know for those of you who know wheels and measurements, I'm really considering going this way ....
going in a '83 280zx

Post Edited (Oct 9, 10:06am)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
ok think about it real fast. The z has zero offset. The wheels have zero offset. together they would be perfect if the wheels had a 4 lug pattern. But, you are going to be putting a 1" adapter on it. So, your wheels will be sticking out 1" further than stock. you need to find something with a offset so you can use the adapters to get back to the stock setting. thats why people with 40mm offset run adapters, to get the geometry back to how it is suppose to be.

So yes, Mario is right the wheels will stick out to far

·
Registered
991 Posts
i think they would stick out an inch further than your stock wheels since they are 0 offset as well...i know for mustangs they make wheels with +10-+25 offsets i'd try to find a place that is willing to let you try a few different offsets to see what works. let us know what happens

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok .. if that's the case, the wheels are also offered with a 15mm offset ... is it safer to go with the 15mm offset instead of the zero ???
I'm assuming it will stick out less ...

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
what you are going to want to do is match the spacer with the offset of the wheel so you can have it at the stock position. (Ie: 40mm offset requires roughly a 1.5in spacer) Be careful with the 1in spacers. I got some by mistake and was just going to use them but the opended lugs that i was using were to big. When it was bolted down, the lugs were sticking out of the adapter. I couldnt use it because there wasnt a flat surface to mount the wheel.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got that ... these spacer look pretty well built ...
I wanted to ask 'cause of the fact that I never heard of 4 to 5 lug adapters ...
thanks to all for the input ...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Unless this guy is gonna make the spacers for cheap, I'd go ahead a google up a set of Honda wheel adaptors for the Z. They're bolt on, and from what I remember, not too expensive. I'd give you a link, but I lost all my bookmarks when my machine crapped out a few months back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.