ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body had any experience with the putting a 4bbl intake manifold from Arizona Zcar or Motorsports. Any advantages over fuel injection. I have many bad sensor problems and don't have the money to replace all of them. I have 3 4bbl carbs to work with just need a manifold and some other things. Need some help deciding. Thanks. Sam 75 280z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> Any body had any experience with the putting
> a 4bbl intake manifold from Arizona Zcar or
> Motorsports. Any advantages over fuel
> injection. I have many bad sensor problems
> and don't have the money to replace all of
> them. I have 3 4bbl carbs to work with just
> need a manifold and some other things. Need
> some help deciding. Thanks. Sam 75 280z

I suggest that you try to make the fuel injection work. Do the research and learn about it. I've heard good things from those who had. The 4bbl carbs won't work as good as the fuel injection. The intake runners vary too much in length. Sell the carbs and use the money to keep the fuel injection.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I once had a four-barrel on my 77 with a Clifford intake,(same as Motorsport), because it was cheaper than new injectors only because the setup was used. Anyway, it seemed that my torque had improved but I was having to replace spark plugs more often than I liked. It appears that since the air/fuel distribution is not as direct on a four barrel as in fuel injection, or for that matter SU carbs, my outer injectors were running lean while my center injectors,3 and 4, were running rich. Save your money and concentrate on your fuel injection.
> What do you mean the 4bbl wont work as good
> as fuel injection? What proof do you have?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had more than enough experience with these conversions and won't recomend them to anyone unless I hate them.
The motorsport manifold is a very bad design, it flows uneven(1,6 run real lean,2,5 run about right and 3,4 run rich). Also it has way to much surface area below the carb and when cold almost all the gas cools rapidly and won't run with lots of backfires(better have a fire proof air filter, you'll need it).
Don't do it, you will def. regret it, get dual webbers if you want to scrap the fuel injection. You will get as good a runner as you had with the fuel injection and can do more with the engine overall.

> Any body had any experience with the putting
> a 4bbl intake manifold from Arizona Zcar or
> Motorsports. Any advantages over fuel
> injection. I have many bad sensor problems
> and don't have the money to replace all of
> them. I have 3 4bbl carbs to work with just
> need a manifold and some other things. Need
> some help deciding. Thanks. Sam 75 280z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.