ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thinking of buying a 280zx turbo 5 speed 1983 great body very little rust but the z has 310 thousand miles, I have knowlege of what the owner has done to the car. Plus he already changed out the turbo charger 100 thous. miles ago, do you think is wise to purchase this z. He is only asking $600 .

·
Registered
680 Posts
> I thinking of buying a 280zx turbo 5 speed
> 1983 great body very little rust but the z
> has 310 thousand miles, I have knowlege of
> what the owner has done to the car. Plus he
> already changed out the turbo charger 100
> thous. miles ago, do you think is wise to
> purchase this z. He is only asking $600 .

NOw is that highway miles like my z I would say ok stop and go take it to a micanic and have him to a compresson check on the motor and have him look around for leaks or any of that if he say its a good buy then go for it. But all the manuels say to have some one look at it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You need to ask yourself why you are buying the car. If you want it as a daily driver, well, it may be getting to need a rebuild. From my knowledge, turbos expected life are from 60k to 120k. Now, personally for $600, I would buy the thing anyways just for the engine and sell the rest of the car, tranny, and everything else, well, maybe swap tires and rims. Either have a mechanic look at it, or do some checks yourself per Haynes manual. You can rent compression checkers, etc. Not hard. How is the interior? Body?
Joshua L.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
> You need to ask yourself why you are buying
> the car. If you want it as a daily driver,
> well, it may be getting to need a rebuild.
> From my knowledge, turbos expected life are
> from 60k to 120k. Now, personally for $600,
> I would buy the thing anyways just for the
> engine and sell the rest of the car, tranny,
> and everything else, well, maybe swap tires
> and rims. Either have a mechanic look at it,
> or do some checks yourself per Haynes
> manual. You can rent compression checkers,
> etc. Not hard. How is the interior? Body?
> Joshua L.

i agree with joshua, i think its worth it but the biggest cost i think you need to be concerned about is rebuilding the engine thats a lot of miles but a rebuild is expensive that will cost prob more then you pay for the car depends. But get it checked out before
good luck
yuichi
81ZX n/a

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.