ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I would want to do this, but I threw a rod and I have acess to a good running 305 what all will need to be done to make this conversion. how do I hook up the tranny 5 speed to this engine is there a kit or what......thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
dude your so dumb 305 sux get a 350 if you must or go to a junk yard and get a real 280zx engine and put it back in and increase performance.

tbs

·
Registered
38 Posts
I must differ in opinion... Chevy 305 is an awesome engine. I had one in a 68 Camaro, and the thing would scream. Almost all 350 parts will still go to it, and you can pull 400+HP out of one, not to mention a little better torque than the 350 will put to the ground.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Randy's advise is good. Motorsport is now offering motor mounts for a sbc in a zx. Other than that, there's not much, luckily the ZX's and Z's are similar so much of the stuff that Jags That Run and others have developed will work.
Try Hybridz.org, there are a few guys there that have done the ZX-sbc swap.
Keep good records and document the steps and parts you use, I love my ZXT but if a good ZX turns up, I might need your experience.
Dan

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
turbobluestreak, limit yourself to things you know something about.

You've never seen a well prepared 305 I guess. Guess what. They haul the mail. I guess all those 327 engines aren't worth crap either, huh? I've seen some that will lift the front tires off the ground.

zxjet. You will have to adapt a chevy tranny for use in the Z. There are kits for installing a SB chevy, chances are you won't be doing anything that hasn't been done before. All it takes is time and money. HybridZ is a good place to go to find out more info. You can probably find the places with the best prices for the parts you will need there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.