ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my cousin bought a brand new honda S2000 a few years back. Its crazy. I want to know what parts(if any) i should get so i can at least keep up with it.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
intake/exhaust/ecu and boost controller

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much would all that cost?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
depends, id say less the 1K.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where could i buy that at?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Intake, just get a K&N cone from either KandN.com, or ebay. Exhaust get a 2.25-2.5 inch piping and any muffler that you like the looks of. ECU you can get jwt www.jimwolftechnology.com .

Post Edited (May 8, 6:14pm)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
ECU? ...that's getting a little ahead of him...

Just get a manual boost controller, Gillis is good, but any $10 ebay one will work. Also an aftermarket boost gauge is mandatory when using a MBC.

·
Registered
657 Posts
boost controller and a BOV should be all you need....just dont turn it up too much......... atleast not untill you get some injectors and a new comp....

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how much would a boost controller cost and a BOV cost? Im getting $1000 from selling my old car to one of my friends. Would that be enough to buy the boost controller and the BOV? Also what about cold air and what about a boost gauge? I dont know if the acceleration gauge is a boost gauge or not.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/835089
my 1984 300zx AE

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
oh yes yes. definitly enough. if you want a nice electronic boost controller whee you can control the boost level from the inside of your car with a little display. its like 300-500 from what I can see. BOV is optional. definitly get a K&N cone filter for the intake (forget about "cold air intake" okay?) and a 3" exhaust from Certified Muffler. no the acceleration guage is not a boost guage. you will need to put in a aftermarket one, especially if you want to turn up the boost. the acceleration guage just meassures .5 g forces. haha, its a "toy"

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what is the differance between a cone and cold air?

·
Registered
782 Posts
You shouldnt need much most the honda s2000's launch like crap not unless you rev it up to 7000-8000rpms most of them were im from run like a low 15 stock im at 3000ft elevation. I say it would be a good race just how your car sits but he may start gaining on you in the topend.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Stock for stock the s2K should beat you, but not by much, just do a cone air filter, exhaust, boost controller, and youll be set :).

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
you guys are on crack, even after all the crap that they told you to buy and install you won't keep up with the S2000, you're talking about a 245 hp car, weighs less and don't forget its a NEW car, you won't touch that car with these mods.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
is there any way i could get it up to 300hp?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
a Z31 turbo with intake, 3" exhaust, and boost controller can and has pulled high 13 second 1/4 miles...

Sure it has 240hp...but a lowly 162 lb-tq....A turbo Z with above mods is pushing 250+...

Take that Honda!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol ill put the pics of my 300zx and the honda s2000 when i get the pics developed

·
Registered
782 Posts
I took my stock fuel system up too 291rwhp and 357 torqe with a BEGI fmu regulator. Thats about the limit of the stock clutch right after that dyno my clutch was gone. Any way boost controller $35 and if you cant do the exhaust right now and just wanna spank him just remove the exhaust from the CAT, I think its like 2 bolts then you would be running some low 14s if set at 14psi on a cool day.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
th2thmansZ, have you even seen one of these at a track before? There NOT impressive, even though there capable of high 13's they very rarely hit that. Just a few bolt ons and you should be fine against one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.