ZCar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if anyone can please help me i would appreciate it so much!

i was driving on the parkway for 1.5 hours and my car wanted to die and wouldnt let me accelerate, i down shifted twice to keep it running but then died as i hit the gas pedal and it felt like wouldn't recieve fuel. i started the car back up again but shut right off, it wont stay idling. my battery light came on and check engine light came on. i figured my alternator was bad but now i feel like its the fuel pump. i honestly dont know what to do, please help me. i can get the car to start but it barely idles and when i hit the gas pedal it shuts off. also my ECU keeps reading Code 55 which is "NO malfunctions"

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Unfortunately there's a lot of complexity with our engines. You'll need to work thru and test various sub systems. I'd start with the electrical system, be sure the battery and alternator are good since both are fairly straightforward to examine.

Next question would be a possible vacuum leak? --did a hose slip off somewhere? Just before the issue happened were you driving the car hard, boosting?

If you believe there's an issue with either the fuel pump or fuel pump controller would be best to connect a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel line plumbing (by fuel filter) and monitor that.

Until you narrow it down a bit all of us will just be guessing about the issue.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
I'm guessing it isn't totally battery/charging related. The fact it starts back up kind of puts that at the back of the list for me.

It does have gas in it right? I know silly question but **** sometimes it's the simple stuff. Never know of your gas gauge **** the bed since the last time you filled up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought my gas guage could have been broken but we pushed it to the gas station from where i broke down and threw $10 of 93 in it. car fired right up but then again shut off when i went to give it gas. my batteries are shot but im not sure about the alternator. my check engine light and battery light are on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately there's a lot of complexity with our engines. You'll need to work thru and test various sub systems. I'd start with the electrical system, be sure the battery and alternator are good since both are fairly straightforward to examine.

Next question would be a possible vacuum leak? --did a hose slip off somewhere? Just before the issue happened were you driving the car hard, boosting?

If you believe there's an issue with either the fuel pump or fuel pump controller would be best to connect a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel line plumbing (by fuel filter) and monitor that.

Until you narrow it down a bit all of us will just be guessing about the issue.
im pretty sure i already had a small boost leak because when i throw it in nuetral it always wanted to shut off but stays running. i was driving for about an hour and 45 minutes on the parkway in the rain. its a built motor with around 450Hp

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
45 minutes in rain? Do you have pop charger after market air intake whatever you want to call it?

If so and you hit a big puddle or two very possible the filter is just really wet and needs to dry out and this part of your problem goes away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so autozone said my alternator was garbage, just got the new one, installed it and my car is still having problems. it started right up but then shut off after 5 seconds especially when i went to give it gas. my check engine light and battery light is still on. someone please help me

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
so autozone said my alternator was garbage, just got the new one, installed it and my car is still having problems. it started right up but then shut off after 5 seconds especially when i went to give it gas. my check engine light and battery light is still on. someone please help me
I would check your MAFS connector for a good tight fit. If the harness is tight, remove it and check for corrosion. If none is present you may have a bad MAFS. However that is rare.

When was the last time you cleaned the MAFS hot wire? If you have a pop charger that was just cleaned and oiled it could be that you have a contaminated hot wire. I would also check all the intake plumbing for any breaks or leaks as any un-metered air entering the system will cause the car to die when gas is applied.
MaxDoc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts