ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,225 Posts
SMZ is ricey with that doofy wing

SR-71? big deal what should we call Mega's machine or Bobke's or Daveyboys

All of which out perform either SMZ or the SR. It's a body kit and some extra power.. other wise who cares?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,296 Posts
Well the point is that it's limited edition. It's no different then owning a '67 Shebly GT 500 Mustang, or a 67 Mustang modded up to look the same. The latter just isn't worth the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,225 Posts
Shelby is one thing.. SR71? who cares
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,225 Posts
totally different..

a Shelby is a friggin legend and SR71 is a stage 4 Z with a body kit...SMZ is even less. lets compare Mohammed Ali and Jo the bouncer at the local pub next time

I have never heard anyone here wish they had a SR71...i'd almost kill to have a 67 Shelby even though its a Buttstain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,895 Posts
4-EZT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> totally different..
>
> a Shelby is a friggin legend and SR71 is a stage
> 4 Z with a body kit...SMZ is even less. lets
> compare Mohammed Ali and Jo the bouncer at the
> local pub next time
>
> I have never heard anyone here wish they had a
> SR71...i'd almost kill to have a 67 Shelby even
> though its a Buttstain


id like an SR71....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
So would I.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,225 Posts
Zazupilot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 4-EZT Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > totally different..
> >
> > a Shelby is a friggin legend and SR71 is a
> stage
> > 4 Z with a body kit...SMZ is even less. lets
> > compare Mohammed Ali and Jo the bouncer at the
> > local pub next time
> >
> > I have never heard anyone here wish they had a
> > SR71...i'd almost kill to have a 67 Shelby even
> > though its a Buttstain
>
>
> id like an SR71....

why? and then my next question would be how much would spend to own one? You already have a 95 TT 5 speed...you can make it a monster and call it a "Zazmo 151" or Green Hornet Og Zog 59. Tell you what i would rather have Bobke's super clean 95 than any SR71

p4l1ndr0m3 ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,296 Posts
You are missing the point EZT. The point that no matter what car you speak of, the fact is, IT IS A SPECIAL EDITION. It's no different than a Gran Torino with the Starsky & Hutch package. Or an SS Chevelle with the 450hp 454. A Saleen Mustang. Lingenfelter Corvette. SMZ/SR-71 300ZX. They all are higher horsepower special editions. They command a higher price than a normall 300zx TT, not because any normal TT doesn't have the potential of the SR-71, but because it was built that way from the beginning with a serial number. They're not saying that they would own an SR-71 as the ultimate of all Z cars, its because it is a rare edition. Let it go, it's the way the auto world works. Otherwise, the Pace Car Vette's, Camaro's, etc. would be worth the exact same as a generic model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,225 Posts
Dude, i get it. You just keep making my point for me.. If you want one and think its the shiz because someone dresses up a TT much the same way most everyone in the Z32 word has, then slaps an ubber cool "limited edition" badge on it and calls it "special" and then gives it an ubber special premium price to go with it...

If that blows your skirt up cool, but to me.. i could care less...sheeople tend to line up for that crap, I like my "Stage Whatever" no name 300zxTT way better than some Limited Edition-badged-so-everyone-can-see-how-cool-i-am-over-priced-ride.

I also like Bs "stage 20 NA" because its an unbadged, generic sleeper.

You say SR 71 in the car world (outside of Z32dom) and they are going to scratch their head and wonder why you are talking about the retired supersonic spy aircraft.

You say Shelby and everyone in the car world knows....not even in the same ballpark,league or universe...and i hate Ford.

pace car = ghey menz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,895 Posts
Note to Mikey: I have already trademarked the terms Zazmo 151 and Green Hornet Og Zog 59

do not attempt to infringe or I will be forced to bring legal action.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,296 Posts
lol, I agree with you EZ on the fact that the limited edition doesn't mean anything to me aside from serve as a post-it note on the z car history.

But the original poster was trying to figure out the differences between the special editions and why they were worth more. He didn't ask whther or not it was worth the price for an SR-71.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Re: 300zx sr-71....or 25th anniversary SMZ

I have an SMZ number 95-36 ........ according to Stillen they only made a total of 104. The true 95 anniversary SMZ model includes 94 and 95 twin turbos sold in 95 with badge #s of 95-XX. Only 50+ where made. Those badge with #s of 96-1xx can not be considered 25th anniversary SMZ models.

My buddy has #007 SR-71 ........ he knows the Waco guy and only 9 were made. Since they are all badged with records of the VIN# I would think the SR-71s would be worth more then the SMZs.

I have rebuilt my SMZ so now have the same power as the SR-71 can I call mine a RJZ-71 #000
 
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top