Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

i was just curious to see what you guys thought about the 2 cars.........my only thing that makes me lean to the smz is atleast its sold through nissan, im not sure thats the case for the sr-71.....is one worth more then the other in the same condition.......just curious to see if anyone may have any input on the value and performance aspects.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I just loved the name SR-71 so much more. The SMZ was both basically a stage III Z with a body kit. The SR-71's were like Stage VI or better with wheels and a body kit. I bet the SR-71's are more rare.

Here's a link to the SR-71's beginning:SR-71

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
SR-71's are MUCH more rare. More HP too. Not too many people like the Kaminari kit though. Both kits look good... comes down to what you want to spend honestly.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
SR-71 = yummy.

Although I wouldn't pay a premium to buy one when you could build an equivalent/better one with modern technology for the same coin.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
David... you rock! Love the quote... It's a good thing I didn't say what I almost said about my current knob!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the reason i ask is i never heard of one before but when i was looking at e bay theres one on there and his starting bid was quite a bit..............just for the rareity i think id go for the sr71.....from what i read only 300 were made. thanks for all your input guys i really appriciate it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
one on ebay now
500 smz were made
300 in 95
200 in 96
smz def looks much better and you can go up to as many hp as you want to as well

[attachment 4810 STILLEN.pdf]

[attachment 4812 carjpg.jpg]

[attachment 4813 smzbrochure.pdf]

·
Registered
38 Posts
#21 is not for sale but #22 is.
9,700 miles
15k-45k is about the normal price for the smz
they will bring top dollar in perfect condition.

car #21 currently has 1,800 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow all i can say is...incredible thanks for the pics the smz is wayyy better looking i think.......i thought the smz was a 25th anniversary and made only one year

·
Registered
38 Posts
zdoctor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow all i can say is...incredible
> thanks for the pics the smz is wayyy better
> looking i think.......i thought the smz was a 25th
> anniversary and made only one year

500 total
300 in 95
200 in 96
95 was the 25th anniversary of the z car so they teamed up to build the ultimate z

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
SR-71 has more power and better quality wheels too. Appearance is a matter of opinion on body kits I suppose. They both have their ups and downs, the SMZ is more widely known, but the SR71 has to be more rare just because of the cost.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.