ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just wanted to say that I did fix my fuel pump problem in my 89' 300ZX 2+2 and wanted to also say thanks to everyone who gave their help. Thanks.

The MetalGod

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well to tell the truth, the plug was rusted inside so I cut the wires and replaced the plug. Then I found a wire that goes "hot" when the key is turned on.... I spent 2 days tracing the wires back from the pump to the ECU and one to the fuse box. Not a fun thing to do. Still couldn't figure out what was wrong so I cut 'em and straight wired it to the pump. Works great now.

TheMetalGod

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No...I don't mind. I went to a Nissan Dealer to have the car checked out and they told me that I had low fuel pressure. After about 2 months I went to start the car and nothing happened. ( in the middle of restoring the 300zx) Well the motor turned over and tried to start but didn't. I didn't hear the pump humming so I checked the fuse...to which it was fine. That's when i thought the pump had finally died. So after buying another pump, droping the tank, pulling the pump, finding out the pump was fine, searching the wires to see where the problem was, I finally just straight wired it. Works fine.

Thanks for asking.
TheMetalGod

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No...let me explain it. I found a wire that becomes hot or has current only when the ignition switch is turned on. Grounded to the body with another wire. There you have it. I am 32 yrs. and have had some style of Z car since I was 20. I have had the following.......white 77' 280Z, white with red stripe 81' 280ZX 2+2, a lite gold 83' 280ZX GLL, (2) 74' 260Z's (1 black and the other blue) an a white 89' 300ZX 2+2. (auto with T-tops, power everything)
I have now the blue 74' 260Z and the 300ZX. I also have a black 1984 Mustang SVO. This car, if anyone doesn't know, is a limited production mustang. Produced between 84' and 86' and has a 2.3ltr. turbocharged 4 cyl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.