Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
A few months back some of you expressed interest in us making clear taillights for you. These are for 84-86

Someone was kind enough to send us their lenses for us to start up but the lenses were lost in a fire we had at our house that destroyed the whole business.

In order to get the project going again, we need someone to send us their oem lenses, in good condition. No chips or cracks, minor surface scratches can be buffed out. We would return the lights in good condition, minus any lettering that was on them.

For more info visit our website, and please email us if you can send us your oem lenses.
http://klearz.com/zcar.html#13

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
well well well they live!
so glad to hear you guys are getting back on your feet.

Id like to help. I happen to have a set of 84-86 taillights. they have no chips or cracks. just some minor scratches on one of the driverside center reflector lenses. I was going to sell them on ebay but this sounds like a better use.

I dont have my 86 Turbo anymore but I of course would like to help out. Im from San Francisco (94107), so I dunno how much shipping will be.

From the looks of it you are planning on making 87-89 Taillight lenses. I now own a 88 so Im definitely interested in this. I will downpayment as soon as I can. what about 87+ turnsignals and sidemarkers?

Post Edited (Sep 18, 10:10am)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I would love to see what they will look like. I'm currently in an 84 300zx T with a leaking set of taillights. I was going to replace them with a set off ebay, but if this project is going to happen, i'd love to be your first customer. Please keep us informed of your progress, and maybe start an email list. Sign me up!

·
Registered
958 Posts
what would be so great about clear lenses? It seems like Red is better. There must be a reason why sportdriverGT is so into this? I don't get it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
To each his own i guess.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
well Id at least like clear corners. the taillights Id want to compare all red with all clear and then decide.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes, we should all have red head lights. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well sportdriverGT thats great, ill send you an email.
I think for starters we might just do the bottom row in clear, and leave the top red. Later on if there is a big demand for the breaklights we could do them also.

if you are interested in receiving emails about this project you can sign up on our database, once the lenses are ready for sale we will post a new thread on here but also email everyone on the list.

http://klearz.com/request/index.php

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
hes not proposing all clear. Hes thinking red on top and clear for the bottom. go to that page and look at a picture. I think it looks great. as for the 87+ cars. Im thinking either all red rear taillights or just clear turn signals. I hate the amber turn lenses.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I found a website the other night that I can't find now. It was a woman Z owner who made a set of clear tailights for her Z. She had pictures of the light installed. If I find it I'll post the address.

·
Registered
297 Posts
RIIIIIIIICE

just kidding

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I was the guy who re-contacted klearz to get this project started up again for us; problem is I live in australia and it would be a major pain having to send them over there just for the moulds hence the request here for some of ya'll to get them a set to use.

It might be worth adding if im not mistaken you can get smoked tail lights from them, aswell as an exact duplicate of your stock ones not just clear lenses.

http://klearz.com/lens_temp/300zx.gif

There's a shot of smoked red and clear bottom lights...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
BUahahahah you wanna check something out??:
LED clear tail lights.

Pure Sex!!!!

I imagine pricing is $500+ for the set

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
"Because these tail lights do not have a red reflex reflector, they are not legal for street use."

Quoted from clearcorners.com which in my opinion makes them totally useless.

Gotta make sure that the ones made my klearz.com dont have this same drawback now.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The price as well knocks them off anyone but a super dedicated (read rich) z31 owner. But you can't argue with the look.

I'm sure many upgrades made to our cars aren't exactly by the book, and I for one wouldn't mind driving around with a set of these.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Yeah; I think it would be very unlucky to be pulled over for not having a reflecter in your tail light haha. They're probably just covering their asses for legal reasons.

Anyway; if there's a considerable amount of interest from what I recall klearz will do a bulk order discount for everyone which would be far cheaper than the clearcorners alternative.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.