ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i took your advice and found out how much its worth and also i got my a/c working agian. goin to keep it stock like you guys said. anywho thanks for the advice. ill send pics of it when i get my web site up. later

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
wait wait wait...there are SOME things you can do to it that probably wont affect the value of the car. for INSTANCE, your exhaust will rot out eventually. in fact it probably already has( I dont know your mileage or anything). you might as well get a nice Certified Muffler exhaust system for it. other things you can do? well how about a front strut bar from Cusco, thats bolt on and it will help your handling. moving on? take off the stock airbox and put in a nice cone filter and keep the stock airbox in your garage.
all these things are very minor mods which will help performance and are not very invasive. now, if you need matinence items, like spark plugs wires, oil filters, alternators, etc etc, get genuine nissan if you want to be "stock"
eventually those nice electronic shocks WILL wear out and your car will handle like poo poo. at that point replace the shocks with a NICE aftermarket set up. the car will be worth more with new aftermarkets then broken stock.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good to hear...so how much is it worth? With only 49k miles..if it has that low of mileage I could only imagine a min of $8k...

My buddy has one with 60k...his is valued at $15k

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Just keep all stock componants you have for it. I wouldnt buy a car like that for value. Unless you are going to park it and show it, you should modify it. You are driving it arent you? I couldnt stand to have a car like that, knowing with only a few, easily swapped out parts you could have a much better performing, fun car to drive. As long as you do the Mods the right way, dont half-ass anything, and cut up the car, It wont make too much of a difference on the value. Plus if you were going to sell it, you can swap out for the stock parts. Just DONT rice it are tear it up. Keep it nice, maintaned, dont abuse it, it will always be marketable. Besides you own it now, and I would think twice about selling it ever anyway. 80's Sports cars are rising in popularity. If you are lucky enough to own a nice one, in 10 years our cars may be worth the most of all of them. Thats what happens to the Less popular models, that most buy, tear up and all end in yards. The VERY few left will be worth alot. Keep em nice guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.