ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the TV ad and they said "The first true sports car for four".

K, the NA 2+2 ain't a Porsche, but it IS a sports car, no?

And weren't there quite a few other European "sports cars" for four?

·
Registered
449 Posts
MegalodonZ32TT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just saw the TV ad and they said "The first TRUE
> sports car for four".

They must mean other 4 seat sports cars have been made, but they don't count because they aren't "true" sports cars.

I personally think it looks like a cross between a G35 sedan and Porsche Cayman.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
looks like a little cayenne or something... me no like...

and about the 2+2 being a 4 passenger... looks to me more like a "take your kids with you in your sportscar" kinda seats =P

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
There is a Top Gear episode where they drive and review Porsche's "4 door sports saloon" (sedan). I think that they're aimimg that "The first true sports car for four" statement/comparison towards sedans. But, if that's the case, what about the BMW M5? It's a very capable sports car even in sedan trim. I'm sure there are several others.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I think the G35S or G37 are about as sporty as you can get outside a true sports car, except that you cannot get them in a 5 speed, at least to my knowledge. Over 300 HP is powerful too. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned for the paddle shifter which, admittedly, is pretty fast.

I know BMWs have always been high performing sports sedans, especially the M models, but they've always been so expensive to buy and then to repair, partially due to the exchanged rate. I remember back when the BMW CEO was asked,"Why do your charge so much..." he replied, "because we can," or something to that effect.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
what about that maserati 4 door? ITs just another ugly Porsche they are trying to market to idiots. The thing is hideously ugly. looks like a cayenne had sex (incestual) with a caymen and the resulting Panamera is the abandonded on a homeless shelter door step ******* offspring. Maybe im being a little brutal? but the thing looks like a pile of crap.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I don't think the Panamera looks that bad, but it doesn't have the same appeal to me as a 911 GT2, that's for sure. In any case there are plenty of 4-seat sports cars, but I'm sure the author's intent was meant to say that maybe the addition of rear doors makes it a sports car made to seat 4, as opposed to a sports car than CAN seat 4 (like a 300ZX 2+2, etc)

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I'd take the M5 hands down...

if you're gonna take 5 people you need a sedan... a sports car was meant for a couple... PERIOD.

Either guy/girl, husband/wife, father/son, mother/daughter etc... and if the whole family wants to go out and have fun in a sports car... take both of your Z's with you! share the fun of driving!

I hate the idea of the "incestual abandonded on a homeless shelter door step ******* offspring"!

·
Registered
449 Posts
salvadoran300zx Wrote:
> if you're gonna take 5 people you need a sedan...
> a sports car was meant for a couple... PERIOD.

Amen!

Plus the weight of four people in the car will make a huge difference in power and handling. Did they base performance characteristics off of the assumption of four people in the car? Or two? two people could change the weight of the car by three to four hundred pounds!

I can feel a huge difference will just one additional person in the car, forget three!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The statement should of been "The first true LUXURY sports car for four" since its in the higher price point category.
Then again, a sports car is considered a 2-door, so Porsche can't make the claim either way. Its a Sedan no matter how you put it.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I think they are referring to the fact that it is a 4-door.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think they're just blowing bulshytt out their asses 'cause the guys in Marketing thought it sounded good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ferrari California has been out a while it seats 4 and is a high end sports car and it Makes the Porsche look like a lack of innovative design after thought.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
LocutusofBorg Wrote:
> Ferrari California has been out a while it seats 4
> and is a high end sports car and it Makes the
> Porsche look like a lack of innovative design
> after thought.
True, true...
[attachment 14975 ferrari-california-top.jpg]

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
MegalodonZ32TT Wrote:
> But they say "The first true sports car for
> four"...not "The first true four-door sports
> car"...

I see your point. It's just what they consider to be clever marketing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
car DVD player online store

Car DVD GPS Player can play MP4/ DivX/ XviD/ DVD/ CD /VCD / CD/ CD-R/ CD-RW / MP3 with GPS TV FM RDS DVB-T Bluetooth SD Card Amplifier can show the best route to your destination can help you save a lot of time ,especail when you in strange city

Chrysler 300C Car DVD Player with GPS Navigation System 3D Screen Steering wheel control

Product Description:

Touch screen 5.0 Inch 2-DIN TFT LCD Monitor with DVD Player/TV/4*45 amplifier/AM/FM/GPS Built-in/CDC/USB/SD Card
3D menu Operation
ipod ready
Steering wheel control
DVD/VCD/MP3/MP4/DIVX/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-RW Formats
Dimmer function for night driving
DVD/VCD/CD changer control interface
Multi-channel auto EQ
Auto reverse function when parking
Car clock function
AUX input
Bluetooth build-in
WarrantyFOne year

7-inch monitor touch High Definition (HD) screen Chevrolet Epica Car DVD Player with GPS Navigation System Bluetooth TV

Product Description:

7-inch monitor touch screen double-Din complete car entertainment system
Compatible with DivX,MP4,MP3,multiple regions DVD, VCD, CD and CD-R/CD-RW
Built-in GPS function and Bluetooth for hands free call (play CD/DVD/FM while watching GPS navigation image)
Keys with touch sensor
OSD menu with graphical user interface
USB port and SD slots
Built in TV tuner,PAL/NTSC or SECAM compatible
Built in FM/AM tuner,OS: WIndows CE 6.0
WarrantyFOne year

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.