ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suppose you had a nice stock-ish 240 and fresh rebuilt motors of each type(240,260,280)but, only 1 set of carbs,1header.enough to make engine SIZE the only difference. What 1/4 mi.,0-60,0-100 times would you expect.I'm mainly interested in the DIFFERENCE.I'm wondering because I have a 260 eng. in my 240 Would the L28 be worth it? same stroke see?Iknow some of you experts out there can noodle on this. thanks

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
if everything else was the same, like head, cam, compression then the bigger motor will be faster. Problem is that stock the motors aren't the same. For your question let's assume they are, though.We are only talking like a 10 horsepower increase, maybe. Nothing you will ever notice, I wouldn't swap if you currently have a good running motor. Now if you plan to upgrade cams or hotrod the motor in any way I'd start out with the bigger motor. What I would do is take a 280 block and build it up like I wanted while still driving the 240 with the 260 motor. Get all the machine work done, mix and match heads and pistons to get desired compression ratio, install cam, port match, etc. Then spend a weekend and swap it over. Maybe a new clutch at the same time?
greg
71 240z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.