ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying another solution to my rotted fuel line between the gas tank and fuel pump on my 76 Z. Last time I tried a 3/8" line, it cracked the hose on the
tank connection side. When picking up the hose today, the parts person suggested softening up the hose by soaking it in boiling water prior to slipping it onto the gas tank outlet. Has anyone tried this? And your results?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Re: 3/8" Fuel Hose Line? Have you tried this

Run a drill or reamer into the rubber hose that is the same size as the standpipe you are going to insert it over. WD-40 works fine, but remengber, you may have to take that sucker off sometime, and hardened undersize hoses usually have to be cut off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: 3/8" Fuel Hose Line? Have you tried this

I used to work as a parts manager for a Jaguar dealership. When looking in their catalogs for the XJS coupe, I found a hose that went in the same way, between the fuel pump and the tank. Not only did the jag have the same id on the hose, the length was perfect also. I forget the number but it might have been part # 45709. try the local jag dealership, they might have it. It only cost me around twelve bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.