ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hear from anybody who has rebuilt their engine with the 3.1 stroker kit from Motorsport auto (or any other supplier). Want to know how it runs and is it worth the money. Is it faster than the stock 280 turbo?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I want to hear from anybody who has rebuilt
> their engine with the 3.1 stroker kit from
> Motorsport auto (or any other supplier).
> Want to know how it runs and is it worth the
> money. Is it faster than the stock 280
> turbo?

I didn't build it myself but I know someone who has. From what I understand it can get pretty costly anyway check it out for yourself

·
Registered
195 Posts
Done it, and LOVE it!

> I want to hear from anybody who has rebuilt
> their engine with the 3.1 stroker kit from
> Motorsport auto (or any other supplier).
> Want to know how it runs and is it worth the
> money. Is it faster than the stock 280
> turbo?

I have an '82ZX, and i have the stroker kit. Maxima crank, 89mm pistons, port matched, polished intake, injector upgrade, larger fuel rails, and so on snd so on. I'm running 10.6:1 compresion.

Well, after all was said and done, it took one month, and $6000. Nice hunk on dinero. But, it is well worth it. I have about 250 horspower, and the car is an absolute torque monster. I put the LSD in the car, because it NEEDED it. I have 0-60 launches, that average 5.4. My best 1/4 mile is 13.2 at 110mph. It's a rough car around town, real easy to get squerilly, really have to pay attention. Traction will be a bit of problem if your suspension isn't up to par, so check into that also. Becsue of the torque, and compresion, I WASTE EVERY turbo car that pulls up on me. Out of the hole I get 2 or 3 car lengths on new camaro and TA's. They come on me in the back half if I don't keep my foot in it though. I'm too smart to pull up on the turbo cars at a 60 punch though. At a 60 punch, the turbo cars are just awsome. From 40 though, the turbo cars dissapear into the rear view, until about 110, then they come up a little.

The diffrence between 2.8 and 3.1 was night and day in my car. I had a VERY good mechanic do the whole project from start to finish, and all of his expertise helped a lot. This was no shade tree job.

Just remeber- 3.1=LOTS OF TORQUE!

If you have anymore questions about the project, e-mail me, and I'll try to help ya out. Be sure to keep us all informed on what you decide to do.

Chris Behney
Redline Autosports

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.