Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again
Making a new call about 280Z in Europe.
Got in touch with one guy in Germany so far...
Here in Sweden, there are possibly 3 280Z (mine is a
78) In Sweden the later modela are rare because of insane import legislations.
(Cars built between 1976-88 are not allowed to import privatly to Sweden, due to environmental causes. The fact that the catalythic converter has been in use in the USA since early 70'ies, has no significance...)
Question: Does anybody know if there was a 280 2+2? (pre-ZX models I mean)
Only seen a note about it.
Anyway, 280Z:s over here,call in!!
Regards Marten Carlsson
Gothenburg,Sweden

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Too bad that you can't import the early Z's into Sweden because the European model was superior to the U.S. model. the 1974 Euro 260Z had 162 BHP, 5 speed trans, 3.7:1 final drive, front air dam and rear spoiler. Also the 2 + 2 was introduced with the 1974 260Z and was produced every year after that.(I have a 77 2 + 2). They are about 11 inches longer and not as classically attractive as the 2 seat coupe, but they sold a lot of them.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE:Hi Merle 77Z

Hi
Marten here again.
Early models are the ones that is possible to import here, but rarely done, when real American Steel is avaliable over there (also have 1967 Riviera)
The 240Z was officially imported to Sweden one year only (1973) but back then, small rustprone japanese cars was too bizarre for the people who builds Volvos...
Some 30-40 of them were sold, A few of them 260 2+2 (2 or 3) has also found its way here.
But was the 280 engine fitted in the 2+2 body on any market?
Anyway have a happy Easter weekend and take care of your Z!
Regards Marten Carlsson
Gothenburg Sweden

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.