ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would win a stock 81 280ZX with Turbo or a stock Ford 5.slow shitstane?

just wondering

jeff280ZXT

P.S I do like mustangs but I love Zs and I know to many people with 5.0s so they get old to me
I don't know any one with any Zs I did know a guy with a 300ZX but he sold it a long time ago

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> what would win a stock 81 280ZX with Turbo
> or a stock Ford 5.slow shitstane?

> just wondering

> jeff280ZXT

> P.S I do like mustangs but I love Zs and I
> know to many people with 5.0s so they get
> old to me
> I don't know any one with any Zs I did know
> a guy with a 300ZX but he sold it a long
> time ago

On takeoff I believe the shitstain would get the better of the zx but from what i've heard, after 45 mph, when you stomp the gas on a 5.0....your pretty much getting nowhere. The only thing they have is low end torque.

P.S. I hate mustangs and camero's. Everytime I turn my head I see one of those things. It's making me crazy.Eclipes and firebirds are getting the same way to. I also hate skateboarded cars and trucks. They look friggin queer. Anyways, thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I second that, while I like the Potiac version of the F-Body, the car is getting old. Everyone and their mother owns a Mustang, and people underestamate the Z. (Great for beating the pants off of unsuspecting muscle car drivers) And those tiny wheels on otherwise descent cars? Oh man... I hate that. I have made up a motto for those guys,

We stop at nothing to make a car look stupid!

Zs Rule.....'nuff said

On takeoff I believe the shitstain would get
> the better of the zx but from what i've
> heard, after 45 mph, when you stomp the gas
> on a 5.0....your pretty much getting
> nowhere. The only thing they have is low end
> torque.

> P.S. I hate mustangs and camero's. Everytime
> I turn my head I see one of those things.
> It's making me crazy.Eclipes and firebirds
> are getting the same way to. I also hate
> skateboarded cars and trucks. They look
> friggin queer. Anyways, thats just my
> opinion.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I second that

I second that, while I like the Potiac version of the F-Body, the car is getting old. Everyone and their mother owns a Mustang, and people underestamate the Z. (Great for beating the pants off of unsuspecting muscle car drivers) And those tiny wheels on otherwise descent cars? Oh man... I hate that. I have made up a motto for those guys,

We stop at nothing to make a car look stupid!

Zs Rule.....'nuff said

On takeoff I believe the shitstain would get
> torque.

> opinion.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Re: I second that

> I second that, while I like the Potiac
> version of the F-Body, the car is getting
> old. Everyone and their mother owns a
> Mustang, and people underestamate the Z.
> (Great for beating the pants off of
> unsuspecting muscle car drivers) And those
> tiny wheels on otherwise descent cars? Oh
> man... I hate that. I have made up a motto
> for those guys,

> We stop at nothing to make a car look
> stupid!

> Zs Rule.....'nuff said

> On takeoff I believe the shitstain would get

I dont know why people like driving with there butt on the ground I think if funny when you see one of the low riders go over a speed bump Sparks everywhere. I like like a small car with a nice motor in it and beat the pants on the new cars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Haha, yeah, those little lowriders are pretty laughable, but I guess we have a right to drive whatever we want. I mean, if EVERYBODY drove a Z, it would be like it is now with mustangs, except we'd be going a little faster.
I will say one thing though (and probably get reemed for it), along with my Z I also have a 1970 Dodge Charger with a 440 and my mother has a 1970 Plymouth Cuda with a 383, no stock Z is likely to take them in the quarter mile. But Z's can out corner, out top-speed, and out comfort them any day, plus you get reliablility and decent milage with a Z, in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
How heavy are these cars?

> I will say one thing though (and probably
> get reemed for it), along with my Z I also
> have a 1970 Dodge Charger with a 440 and my
> mother has a 1970 Plymouth Cuda with a 383,
> no stock Z is likely to take them in the
> quarter mile. But Z's can out corner, out
> top-speed, and out comfort them any day,
> plus you get reliablility and decent milage
> with a Z, in my humble opinion.

440ci is about 7.2 litres, I'm sure I don't have to say that's BIG. is the top speed lower because the gears are closer ratio? Or because it has no aerodynamics(e.g. a VW beetle has a hard time going over 70-80mph) and weighs heaps?

Project#2501

·
Registered
64 Posts
HEAVY!

I think top speed is partly a gearing issue, partly a weight issue, and partly an issue of trying to push a car the size of a house and the shape of a brick through the air. I think I read that my Charger weighs around 4000 pounds. The stock 440 puts out 375 HP. The Cuda is lighter and quicker, but still an elephant compared to a Z. I dunno, I was a hard-core Dodge fan in high-school, I love musclecars, but I needed a reasonable car for college and fell in love with the looks of the 280ZX, only to find out they are fun, great handling, not too expensive, and ok power (no musclecar, though, sorry guys). So now I've kind of split my interests, I consider myself a Mopar/Nissan guy. I hope I haven't completely insulted or offended anybody because I'm not a Nissan-only fan. I think you can find things to respect/appreciate about different cars out there. With maybe the possible exception of Fords, hahaha!

·
Registered
529 Posts
5.0's don't suck

Look at all of the go-fast parts for the 5.0 Mustangs. You can make a 5.0 do just about anything. You can build a roadrace car, a drag car, or nice street convertable.

These cars are in the 8's in the quarter mile now. That's nothing to shake a stick at. I have driven a lot of 5.0 Mustangs and I consider them to be the best of the Pony cars. They are much higher build quality than the F-Body, and can be made much faster for cheaper.

BTW, about Mopar, it rules...

But, I like 5.0's too...

Just my opinion...

Ian.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Hey now!!

I am a loyal Z car enthusiast. I am currently rebuilding my 6th Z. I was also a Z-Car mechanic for 8 years. BUT... I am also a Mustang enthusiast, and I'm with Ian - they don't suck. I have made mine into an autocross car - albeit, an insane autocross car (525 rear wheel hp) and it handles every bit as good as any of the Z's I have owned. Plus it will EAT just about anything in a straight line too - Dodge, Chevy, Pontiac, Nissan etc... Don't go bad mouthin the Mustang just cause you can't beat it, it is a well built car (at least mine is) and it is a hoot to drive. Just my opinion. Oh, and for the ZXT - there would be no competition! he he he he!

> On takeoff I believe the shitstain would get
> torque.

> opinion.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Haha, ok, my bad

To be completely honest, I was just having fun when I took a poke at Fords. I don't ever want to own one mostly because I think the styling is unattractive on most Fords with a few exceptions (the early Mustangs were very nicely styled and must be credited with giving the musclecar boom in the sixties its explosive power). The 5.0 mustangs are so boxy looking to me I really think they are an eyesore, but I can't knock the availability of aftermarket performance parts. All of this is just my opinion, and since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I wouldn't take my comments too seriously. I mean, it's like the saying goes: variety is the spice of life!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one more thing about the 5.0 and ZXT

I was thinking about getting a 87 5.0 for along time I really like how easy they are to work on
but,,, the thing that changed my mind is who does not have one there is more mustangs then firebirds and camaros put together thats Maryland not your state or maybe just my part of maryland ok look at it this way there is 7 houses on my street now out of 7 houses how may mustangs fo you think are on my street? not 4 not 5 but 6
and my street is not long at all like I said maybe its just the part of the world Im in
now one mustang I would love to have is a Mach 1 with a 351C in it not a oh baby thats a heavy but nice car oh and also on the next street you know what Im not even going to try to count how many mustangs there is its just a never ending thing 1 little 2 little 3 little ponys 4 little 5 little 6 little ponys...

P.s I was asking about Stock Mustang VS Stock ZXT and I read on a specs page that a 97 Stock Mustang Croba get 5.9 going 0-60 now a ZXT can keep up with that but what engine is in the 97 Cobra 4.7 or 5.0? I know that the 97 Mustang is a 4.7 but I don't know about the cobra

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.