ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
If you can fit it into a Datsun 1200...

Then a 510 is no problem.
In Japan I saw a Gymkhana car: Sunny 1200GX with a 3.2L N/A L-Motor in it. Yes, it fits. Yes, it's a lot of work. Why not just buy an old 240 and go to town?
BTW, if the turbo is a write-off, try the rear subframe and diff swap. Similar configurations, but don't know the fesability of that. Definately use the R200 and CV joint axles, though, that R160 in the 510 will go away quickly with an L28ET up Front.

There are intruguing possibilities on this swap, don't let detractors dissuade you, there are easier , more powerful swaps, but with FREE donor parts, the projects screams "DO ME!"

Never pass down a "Do Me" when screamed at you.

· Registered
1,001 Posts
it will scream!

that would be one wicked little 510...i had a freind put an L28 in his 510 a few months back..it wasnt really that bad of a job...but he used su carbs...and did a little firewall notch.....but it went in...i do remember him having some clearance problems with the su's and the master cylinder...i dont know about the intake on the turbo motor...it might clear the master...but im not positive..i would do it....it would be a wild little car....

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Tilt the motor...

Usually the motors are tweaked on way or the other for clearance. Mentioning the Master cylinder is a good catch, the car I mentioned was RHD, and is an easier swap! They didn't notch the firewall, they just ran the engine forward, with two little radiators from a small Auzuki Alto or the like with electric fans under each headlight. The waterpump pulley was RIGHT behind the grille. REally turned heads when the guy opened up the Mikuinis. He was running 50MM Triples, and that sound should NOT be coming from a Sunny 1200! LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.