ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem. My Z stalled about a year ago and I thought it was the fuel pump. So, I replaced it and that worked for a little while. Anyway to make a very long story short I found out that if I release the fuel pressure that the car would run. The more this problem occured, the harder it was to start. I also noticed that the problem only occured on very hot days. Now it is cold and the only way to even start the car is to remove the fuel line from the filter, blow out the filter, and put it all together. This works, but only for about five minutes and then the car dies. Note, when the car dies it is very distinctive that whatever shuts the car down, does this by shutting down the fuel pump via a switch behind the glove box. If that switch clicks the car is dead! I have replaced: fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, and that switch, that I can't seem to remember the name of. None of which cured my problem. I have heard that the older z's have a shutoff if the oil pressure is too low. Does anyone have any ideas? The car has 161000 miles and the engine seems very strong. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.