ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I drive 82 miles a day when i fill my gas tank to full I can drive 300 miles. 90% freeway miles and 5 stop signs. Should I get more like 500 mile per tank. I m starting from the fual pump and replaceing hoses I found one that has a hole in it but it look like some type of vaccum hose. Other then that it drive like a rocket. When I need speed it gives. To pass some one up a mountain road can do. Runs great.

Remember I dont have a speedometer I use my tach. down hill around 2,400 and up hill 3,000 rmps both in 5th gear. And turbo adds power up hill.

·
Registered
179 Posts
> Ok I drive 82 miles a day when i fill my gas
> tank to full I can drive 300 miles. 90%
> freeway miles and 5 stop signs. Should I get
> more like 500 mile per tank. I m starting
> from the fual pump and replaceing hoses I
> found one that has a hole in it but it look
> like some type of vaccum hose. Other then
> that it drive like a rocket. When I need
> speed it gives. To pass some one up a
> mountain road can do. Runs great.

> Remember I dont have a speedometer I use my
> tach. down hill around 2,400 and up hill
> 3,000 rmps both in 5th gear. And turbo adds
> power up hill.

The best milage I could get was 28 MPG on a trip of about 400 miles - Normal 2 lane road with small towns and stop signs. I kept the speed under 70 and no AC. Hope this helps - Jerry 280Z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> The best milage I could get was 28 MPG on a
> trip of about 400 miles - Normal 2 lane road
> with small towns and stop signs. I kept the
> speed under 70 and no AC. Hope this helps -
> Jerry 280Z

The best I've seen in my 83 280zx Turbo 2+2 (automatic trans.) was around 22 mpg, with speeds below 70 and some a/c (cross country). I typically get around 327 miles on my trip odometer before the voice warning kicks in to tell me that the fuel level is low. The turbo with auto trans. is a gas guzzler! I think the 5-speed would be higher.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I usually get around 19-22 MPG for around town and highway combined in my 83 ZXT 5-speed. I drive pretty hard and love the boost. Plus around here in Colorado during the winter months they use oxegenated gas which cuts the milage even farther. Your milage seems about normal. You didn't say if it suddenly got worse or if you just started to think about it.

Russel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.