ZCar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have seen on undercoating on here, all the post our outdated. The newest post I saw was from 2004 I think, so My question is what are yalls thoughts on undercoating? I just got a 1983 Datsun 280zx and it has some surface rust on the under frame which I was going to grind off, then remove all the old liner as it is starting to peel. After all of that and some cleaning I was going to apply some kind of self etching primer base coat with rust preventative followed by a flat black paint that is also rust preventative, (I figured the extra coat would help on top of the self etching primer?) and then after those 2 have been done Id follow it up with some surface shield? what are yalls thought?

(First Project Car so I am still learning all the tips and tricks)

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Truck bed liner. Go on youtube and watch this.
Wouldn't using bed liner be the same thing as rubber undercoat, its just a bit stronger? All it takes is one little scratch or puncture and then water will get in and be trapped between the coating and the metal. Making it rust from the inside out and you just cant see due to the coating not letting you see? Here is a video that I watched about rubberized undercoating,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts