Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My brother was recently involved in an accident where the rear of his '80ZX NA was hit from both sides at the rear most portion of each quarter. Both tail light assemblies were damaged in this crash, and the surrounding sheet metal on the quarter panels also moved.

I'm not very knowledgable about these cars, and did not realize that the 280ZX Turbo taillights we sourced from a local junkyard were not the same as the NA tails until we got home and took the car apart to start pulling the dents and replacing the tails.

We know that we'lll need to get the metal fitting that the tails bolt into from the Turbo to make this work, but otherwise, should we expect any fitment problems? The rear part of both quarters are damaged enough that the NA tail-lights won't go in anymore (one fell apart, the other we had to break to pull out), so it's hard to tell whether the Turbo tails will work.

Without taking calipers to them, they look similar enough, but while we're ironing out the rear, should we look for NA taillights or should we expect the Turbo tails to work?

Thanks.

·
Registered
824 Posts
They are not different because of being turbo and n/a, they are different because of the year of car they came out of. The 79-81 used the tail light that has one horizontal line across the middle of the lens. The 82-83 used the tail light that has several horizontal black lines across the whole lens area. Other then that, demension wise, they are the same I believe. Hope this helps.
zbyter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.