ZCar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 280zx fuel pump has quit out on me. I know that I need to clean my tank before installing a new one. But my predicament is that I don't know what fuel pump to use? The only oem one I can find is 500$+ I don't really feel like buying a fuel pump worth a 1/6th of my car. I have heard some talk about an aftermarket pump but can't find the forum. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys, Sawyer

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 280zx fuel pump has quit out on me. I know that I need to clean my tank before installing a new one. But my predicament is that I don't know what fuel pump to use? The only oem one I can find is 500$+ I don't really feel like buying a fuel pump worth a 1/6th of my car. I have heard some talk about an aftermarket pump but can't find the forum. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys, Sawyer
I kept the stock 280Zx fuel sender. I
made a small extension bracket to hold the pump. We welded a 5/16" nipple onto the pick-up tube, then added fuel-safe hose to connect the fuel outlet of the pump to the pick-up tube…. I’ve fuel pumps and sender that I can loss out for you if still interested. Thanks

Asking $320 for the 280zx fuel pump while the 280zx fuel will be $150.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Rim Gas

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thanks guys, Sawyer
Hi Sawyer, Have you managed to get a fuel pump at a reasonable price yet? If not then I can help you as I have a couple of spares, though one if for my injector cleaning testing rig. I am in Qld
Regards, pcs!z

·
Registered
8 Posts
In this age we find ourselves in, I understand your concerns, and I share them as well. But the real reason I offered the part to the guy with the problem, was IMHO he was in danger of being ripped off to the tune of $500 for a fuel pump by one of your supposedly trusted members. Now maybe it was a new one, (I have no idea how much they are) , but it sounded an awfull lot as a second hand part, and so I checked my parts on the shelf, and there was one there I could do without. I am an old guy, and was on the Internet Z-Car Club when it was thriving. My member number was 69 and the club got a bit to big with around 4000 members at the end. It was lots of fun in those early days, and we corresponded every day, to and fro . Just as well I worked at a Uni. because at that stage with no internet or computer at home, I couldn't done it. As soon as I get a chance I will post a couple of pics for your criticism. Regards pcs1z
BTW. No offence taken. :cool::)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts