ZCar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1981 280zx GL na 5spd
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I can't find a replacement FPR for my 81 non turbo. Would it work to use a '77 FPR and plug the other fuel inlet? FSM says they have the same operating pressure. Has anyone tried this or found a good aftermarket replacement for a 280zx? Thanks

· Registered
2,830 Posts

· Registered
2,830 Posts

· Registered
2,830 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I'm going to try the '77 280z fpr and see if it works
Unless you epoxy or weld the second opening, you run the risk of spraying fuel on a hot exhaust manifold, and even with the epoxy or welding, it's not a guaranteed seal.

· Registered
1981 280zx GL na 5spd
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless you epoxy or weld the second opening, you run the risk of spraying fuel on a hot exhaust manifold, and even with the epoxy or welding, it's not a guaranteed seal.
I'm either going to flatten the end and weld it shut or add a T off the fuel line to split it between the two inlets

· Registered
939 Posts
I would smash the opening with a hammer on the end you don't want to use and TIG weld it, Then pressure check in with air and soapy water and if no bubbles, then you shold be fine.

· Registered
1981 280zx GL na 5spd
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I crushed the end in a vice and tig welded it, remember to remove galvanization before you weld haha. It works fine but all of the nipples are a little shorter than the originals so you might need new hoses

1 - 9 of 9 Posts