ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I did a search for this, but nothing recent came up. I have an 82 280zx coupe with t-tops. I just had it repainted and I desperately need new door seals. Motorsport Auto said that Nissan discontinued theses quite some time ago and that they are hoping at some point to stock aftermarket ones. I can't find these anywhere. I read on a different forum that 1997-2001 Kia Sportage door seals kind of work. Does anyone know if Z31 door seals might work?

Here is a pic with the new paint. I'm not keeping the headlights and they still have some touch-up to do (like the front bumper).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found the rear hatch seal at z-connection on eBay and the t top seals at vintage rubber in Riverside, CA. Maybe you can check to see if they have the part you need.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also, on my 81 the t top seal and the door seal were all one piece which I imagine yours are as well. If that’s the ones you need, brace yourself because they’re very expensive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, on my 81 the t top seal and the door seal were all one piece which I imagine yours are as well. If that’s the ones you need, brace yourself because they’re very expensive.
The seal I’m referring to is the lower seal that is on the door. I was able to find the t-top that is the one piece with the upper that is attached to the body. You are right about that being expensive! I never thought I would ever pay that much for rubber! I appreciate the reply

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
The Z31 seal will not fit on the 280zx. It's a completely different door. Sad thing is, these seals are always unavailable, and when you find them available, the price is outrageous.
I bought a new driver's side rubber seal for my 87 Z31 a few years ago when they were still available from nissan parts deal... the thing was around $298. I couldn't believe it. Even after I bought it and installed it, I couldn't believe it. 300 bucks for one rubber seal. I really wish Blackdragon Auto would bring the Z line back... they always had new rubber seals for almost everything on a Z. Though made in Thailand, they were new rubber parts at least.

Get what you can get I guess.

Bon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts