ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has done this or has pointers. I've heard it raises the compression, while keeping the simpler carbs. I have heard of someone doing this with a 280z motor and a 240 (E88) head, but the 280Z block has dished pistons were the 280ZX has flat tops. Does this kick it up to much to run on pump gas.

·
Registered
949 Posts
A long time ago, I was able to pick up a Bob Sharp race prepared L28 block (no kidding) from the Nissan training school where I was attending. I put it in my 240, with the stock carbs and 240 head (don't remember which #). Anyway, it really kicked ass, but when I really romped on the throttle it would blow black smoke, etc... too much compression I guess for even Amoco Gold. Later though, I was able to get the head!!! I'l never forget this story, I went back to school and the instructer said I could get the head if I gave him another so they could use it for instruction. I'm not sure he expected it, but the very next day I had my L24 head for him. I carted out that matching Bob Sharp head and after I put it on the block....that with a 5 speed and a 4:11 diff from a 720 pickup 4x4 front diff... that was the sweetest **** set up I ever had.... it was like the throttle was connected directly to my ass.... That's what I'm aimingfor again.... as far as using the 240 heads.... if you had to, I'd put the larger 280 valves in it and play around with the compression ratio
KS

·
Registered
12 Posts
had the same set up with a e88 head, and had no problems. with 89 octane gas ,as long as you run the proper timing and fuel to air mixture. you should not have a problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.