ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all whats up? i have a '76 280z 2+2 and it is giveing me **** !!! it is running extremely rich with my foot to the floor it is maxing out at 4000rpm and i had to get a truck to get me going down the street a 20 MPH pop the clutch in 1st gear that is the only way i can crank it it is blowing fuel smoke evry where it was not doing this when i got it. before all this happend it ran a little rich i disconnected the cold start injecter that helped out i disconnected the throttle postion senceor that helped alot i ajusted the air flow meeter that helped it after that it ran good i cut the muffler off becaus it was stopped up it ran great had plenty of power then all this @!#$ started iam thinking that mabe the fuel pressure regulater went bad mabe??? please help oh yeah if there is any one in the jackson MS area that wants to buy it iwill sell it for $300 running or not

· Registered
5,511 Posts
When my Z started running richer, it always ran rich, I read all about that z engine"management system". The richness comes out of the fuel injectors into the cylinder. The air-flow meter and computer system control fuel injection operation. Continue to adj. the air-flow,to a tighter "Spring". Replace the throttle position sensor before the car starts running very poorly. This sensor increases air-fuel needed for acceleration.

· Registered
22 Posts
The fuel pressure regulator located on top of the fuel rail above the intake manifold is very likely your problem.I bought my 280 in 1993 at an auction and it ran very rich,it had carbon deposits on the bumper and rear of the car and when I would give it gas I could see the black unburnt fuel coming from the rear.Changed the FPR and boom everything Zen;lol buddy&don't sell her you'll regret I promise you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.