ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the air regulator raise the RPM when cold? My Z starts fine when cold...right up, it just idles around 650 RPM for the first couple of minutes, then up to 1000 when warm...which is where I set it. What else could it be? It runs great, no misses, no bogging, lovin' this car.
chris

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
veg,yes the air reg. along with the cold-start valve raise rpm's durring cold starts.the thermotime switch energizes them.if you suspect the air reg.,take it off and put it in your freezer for 1/2 an hour and look through it.there's a disc in it which should rotate to the open posisition allowing you to see through the ports.you can flush it out with carb cleaner or paint thinner.if your cam cover breather is connected to it,it could be full of 'gook'.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a regulator in the freezer now....so cold...see through the holes...warm, not see through the holes? any other way to test it using the terminals? I have the FSM, and it didn't seem too helpful on the issue...just suggested testing it between terminals and the housing...hmmm
chris

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that was it! After I took my extra air reg out of the freezer and stuck it on the car, the RMP went up for the first minute or so of driving....think my other reg (the one that was on the car) was stuck...it's in the freezer now....god I love this site.
chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.