ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for taking the time to read this I have a 75 280z I have rebuilt the combo switch and even bought another to test. Only my blinkers will work. I have test all lines from headlights to the combo switch. Using the FSM no shorts. If I run a hot wire from the battery to the fuzebox red wire. And flip the headlight switch everything will turn on just fine. I can’t turn the lights off unless I disconnect the Hotwire. So that tells me all the lights and wires are somewhat working. I can’t figure out what is wrong. When the hot wire is plugged directly to the fuzebox high and low beams work. If I use the combo switch it will turn off taillights only. I’m trying to install led headlights I have but need to have this working first. I bought some relays that I will add even though I don’t think I’ll need them as much with led. Any help willl be appreciated. Also if anyone is looking for combo switch I have an extra.

·
Registered
784 Posts
If the combo switch is rebuilt let's assume it works (it may not but let's assume it does. Get a test light and make sure power is getting all the way to the combo switch's connector. Then check the connectors for corrosion - there may be corrosion somewhere in the line that is giving this result.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have used a multi meter there is no power from the red wire to the switch. The combo switch does work if I run a wire from the battery to the fuze box main red wire I can use the combo switch to turn the taillights on and off. The headlights once turned on I can’t turn off. I’m assuming due to the constant power to the wires.

·
Registered
784 Posts
If thats the case then theres a break in the wire somewhere behind the dash - you'll either need to find where its broken and solder it, or run a new wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts