ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with the 240-280Z based Velo Rossa Spyder? I'm considering giving in to a mid-life crisis and converting a 280Z to one. Any words of advice/warning?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
You've come to the right place

I am in the finishing phases of my VR (one or 2 more days before paint) and am an avid supporter of the VR rebody. It is absolutely gorgeous!

Advice: Call John Washington and order the installation manual. read the installation manual
Warning: Prepare to spend more than you think. Prepare to spend more time than you think.

I went far and beyond the normal procedures for the conversion including stripping the entire car down to the frame, sandblasting, cleaning and painting or replacing every component, rebuilding the engine and the suspension, completely changing the interior with custom dash and upholstery and generally massaging every aspect of the entire project. You are welcome to check out my website (although due to time constraints I haven't updated it in a while and it's kinda duck-taped together) copy and paste this link to go there:

http://www.newtier.com/graber/z-car/index.html

I am in love with my VR, in fact my wife calls it (her) "the OTHER woman". Luckily she (my wife, blonde and gorgeous in her own right) is into poligamy and doesn't mind going for a drive every once in a while. Hehehe ;-)

Steve G

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.