ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 280 has the original suspension from 1976 and i need to replace/ upgrade everything. it needs new bushins front and rear and new shocks, springs and possibly new steering rack, does anyone have a sugestion on what kind of suspension to go with and a price tag?? thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
ureathane bushings

if your car is like mine (78) you have shot bushings. Put in urethane bushings better preformance, longer life, harder ride. also if you want better performance get new tie rod ends lower the springs.

msa has springs for about $500 and the bushings about $150, the bitch is the tie rod ends. about $180 a piece

and replace the rubber spacer in the steering colum with a plastic or a urethane piece.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Re: ureathane bushings

You can buy complete urethane kits at many places. Check out courtesynissan.com for an example. Available at many other online stores.

Courtesy also sells a video on do it yourself bushing replacement. I have this video and can attest to its value.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Re: ureathane bushings

You may be able to buy a reconditioned rack for less than the inner/outer tie rod unit. Make sure what parts you need before you spend the money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.