ZCar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1974.5 260Z For a simple, but safe fuel primer installation, could I just install a 2-wire momentary button with one wire going to a body ground, and the other going anywhere to the hot/wire that goes to the electric fuel pump? I have a manual and an electric fuel pump and a Ford inertia switch. The original fuel pump relay setup is still installed. The car runs great. I just want a quicker morning start. It has no performance mods, other than an oil pump and alternator. I have done extensive research, but have found nothing as simple as making the two wire connections for the 260Z. A simple sketch or picture would help, also. I am virtually null and void of electrical knowledge. I thank you very much.

·
Registered
177 Posts
could I just install a 2-wire momentary button with one wire going to a body ground, and the other going anywhere to the hot/wire that goes to the electric fuel pump
NO!
Think about it for a second. It will just short out the hot/wire to ground.

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,709 Posts
The safe way to do it is the way the factory set it up. Just make sure that is working the way it should.

After you start it, you should idle it for 20+ seconds before moving, just to get oil pressure up throughout the engine. Don't be in a hurry and it will all work well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts