ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i just bought a 1974 datsun 260z it has twin webbers and some times it has a miss. i drained all the old gas before i even tried to crank it well i have it running but it back fires very very bad ihave mooved the distributer evry way i can can any one help me?

p.s can i put a 280z radiator in a 260z?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sounds like your Dist. might be off a tooth. Even though you are moving the Dist. If it is off you will have to remove the Dist. And retard it one tooth. Thhis sounds like it could beyour problem althogh you didn't say where it was backfiring from Carbs or Exhaust. Put A timing light on the car and see where you are at as far as timing goes good luck.
Dean Maxey

·
Registered
87 Posts
280 radiator

Nope, I tried putting a 280 radiator into my 260, just wouldn't go. If I remember correctly, it was to tall and to narrow? The narrow problem could be fixed by drilling different spaced holes, but it was so tall that even if it sat on the chasis underneath, I still couldn't close the hood. To fit it, I would of had to of chopped the core, but for all the modifications required, you might as modify any radiator you like, not just a 280. I eventualy just got my origional radiatior recored and the header and footer tanks renovated.

You would think it should of fit, wouldn't ya? But then life sucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.