ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 74 260Z Cherry RED(i love this car)

It has a set aftermarket headers on it. I have no idea what brand they are. Well upon closed inspection I found a hole in cylinder # 2 header. I would like to buy a new set for the car since the headers on it right now look like ****. I have searched ebay and google and I have been unable to find a set to buy. What do you guys reccomend?

email : [email protected]

or just IM me at

AIM : SilviaMASTA

Post Edited (Oct 19, 5:42pm)

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Hey.. i don't wanna spam or anything...

But i just listed some round-port headers on eBay with No Reserve at $0.01.

They are MSA 3-2 headers with ceramic high temp coating.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7929435744

Anyway they are round port.. so i'm not sure if your 260Z has square or round port's... but anyway.. just an idea

·
Registered
558 Posts
The 260 has square exhaust ports:

I bought a used set off of ebay for $80, and sent them off to Jet-Hot in Pascagoula, MS. They blast off all of the rust and coat the inside and out. Lifetime warranty on their work. I think it cost around $175. Had them back in less than a week. The headers are, as far as I can tell, the same as the MSA 6-1 headers. Here's what they look like now:

I love them. They sound good. Some folks say they make your car loud, but I think the sound is very nice, not too loud, not too soft. Gives a good rumble now that it lacked before. After driving around for an hour, I can hold my hand within an inch of the headers and not get scorched. The Jet-Hotting is worth every penny.

MSA sells several headers, coated and not. Click here to link to their selections...

Since you'll have the intake and exhaust off, now would be a good time to replace the manifold studs and gasket. You can get them from MSA or even NAPA has them.

I went ahead and got MSA's "turbo exhaust system". Sounds really good and matches up exactly with the flange on the header collector. Make sure and replace the header gasket here, too.

Enjoy!

Post Edited (Oct 19, 8:10pm)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i think the msa 6 o 1 is a great headerworks very well on the 24 and 26

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the idea of having them Jet-Hot coated. I just have to find out if Jet Hot can patch the holes that is on cylinder#2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.