ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a factory a/c in a 260z to replace the after market unit that's in there at the moment and I have a couple of questions. Why is so much controling of the airflow flaps done by vacuum? (The air intake flap, the air distribution flap, the water valve), is this an effective system? does this mean that the flaps will be opening and closing depending on how hard I put the foot down, I would have thought that there is a great potential for problems in this setup and the old fashioned cable and flaps would give a more reliable control.
Thanks for any help
Howard

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That is what the vacuum reserve is for to prevent vacuum loss to your system during hard acceleration. That is what they have been using for years so I do not think your vent flaps would keep opening or closing during low vacuum periods.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Parts in Canada ??

Hi can any one tell me where can i find parts for my 79 280Z in CANADA??? Also i woud like to change both my BUMPERS...?? Any suggestions which Bumpers might fit.. Thanks Tim.....................

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Parts in Canada ??

Hi! Zeddfindings in kingston will have lots of parts ( they have a website). I also have many parts for Z's so If I you want me to find the parts you need let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.