ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in seeing pictures of anyones Ferrari kits they may be putting on their Z. Love to here the stories of failures and accomplishment along the way. Trials and success's. Finished cars, and the results of convertable convertions. Do you like them, love them? Wish you would have never started them. I heard some excellent comments before about the subject, but their time has elapsed on this thread. Show me what you got...................Thanks

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 250 gt Ferrari Kits......Vella Rossa.....Alpha

I've searched high and low for other people who have Ferrari 250 GTO websites. Aside from VR Engineering, and Stable Autoworks, both of which I would love to see increase their presence on the net, there is really nothing out there (you may correct me if I'm wrong).

You've already seen my good for nothing website with the bad graphics (I'm joking) but as far as I know that's it.

Steve Graber

> Interested in seeing pictures of anyones
> Ferrari kits they may be putting on their
> Z. Love to here the stories of
> failures and accomplishment along the way.
> Trials and success's. Finished cars, and the
> results of convertable convertions. Do you
> like them, love them? Wish you would have
> never started them. I heard some excellent
> comments before about the subject, but their
> time has elapsed on this thread. Show me
> what you got...................Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: 250 gt Ferrari Kits......Vella Rossa.....Alpha

Here's my Alpha GTO. I bought it already completed early last spring. Consequently, I have no stories to tell of its construction. I needs some work, but it's driveable.

Things which still need to be done:
1. New Monza exhaust tips. It has a custom exhaust which splits just after the differential. This puts it very close to the gas tank.
2. Fix the leaky gas tank. It will hold about five gallons without leaking (directly on the exhaust pipe.). I have a tank from a '77Z coupe. It looks different. Does anyone know if this can be used in the '76Z (GTO).
3. Fix rattle in left rear suspension. This could be the custom exhaust or a suspension link adrift.
4. Get rid of shimmy in the front suspension. I had the tires balanced once but that did little good. Any suggestions? The wheels on the car are a five lug type. There are adapters of some sort in there. They could be causing the problem.
5. Upgrade the suspension for autocrossing.
6. Patch a rusty frame rail.
7. New paint.
8. Fix right side door latch.
9. Up grade sound system.

There are many other things which could be done but I need to get my daughter's '78Z coupe out of the garage.

I hope you find your GTO.

Lee

> Interested in seeing pictures of anyones
> Ferrari kits they may be putting on their
> Z. Love to here the stories of
> failures and accomplishment along the way.
> Trials and success's. Finished cars, and the
> results of convertable convertions. Do you
> like them, love them? Wish you would have
> never started them. I heard some excellent
> comments before about the subject, but their
> time has elapsed on this thread. Show me
> what you got...................Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.