ZCar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm looking for some opinions as to weather or not this 240Z is worth the trouble (or even possible). With prices skyrocketing in just the last 5 years I know I need to get my piece of the pie now while the gettin is good and before all the attainable ones are gone. View attachment 108030
View attachment 108031
View attachment 108032
View attachment 108033

View attachment 108035
View attachment 108036
View attachment 108037
View attachment 108038
View attachment 108039
View attachment 108041

Don't know exactly how she ended up in her current state but what is clear is there is fairly extensive damage to the front left frame rail and body panels. The frame rail is the only thing that scares me about this car. To me the rust that is present around the rest of the car is extremely minimal compared to what I have been seeing lately for very over priced rust buckets. Plus there is a complete interior and original motor and 4 speed. On top of that the creme de la creme, safari gold!

I have wanted one ever sense I got my first car at 14 (1986 300zx/na) and would look for parts for that car and find huge support for the s30 but hardly any love for it's ugly younger brother. (Still have a special spot in my heart for the z31) Now 29, I'm finally at a point in my life where I can fit a classic car into the picture but long story short I can't afford a nice one right out but this one is reasonably priced (in my opinion) and will be a long term project with the price of fixing it spread out over the next 4 years....is it reasonable to fix this substantial damage or just move on and find another? Not looking to restore the car and might even do a RB swap at some point down the road.

Anyways any constructive advice is greatly appreciated, even if it's not what I want to hear. I really want this car but I'm realistic. I'm going back to where I found it later this week to see if it has a title and if so get it trailered to the house unless there is overwhelming doubt from experienced Z car owners on here.
Nope. There are many cars in better shape for sale

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah for way more than $1500. I don't have the option to drop 10 to 20k for a decent one (I have 4 daughters) BUT I do have cheap family labor at my disposal and time. All in all the more I have looked over and gone through the car I couldn't be more satisfied with my purchase.
If you want to sell me something that runs and drives, has no rust, and is 100% original other than a electronic ignition for around 1.5k then be my guest..... Wait, they don't exist ☹ but this one is close in terms of being original and compared to most of the rust buckets out there this one has just a few blemishes at best. So with some work (ok a lot of work) I will be getting this car back on the road.
Sounds like a plan!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.