ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im getting a 72z for my birthday and it is partially restored. so, i have some questions i hope people can answer. First, im getting new side mirrors and im looking in the MSA catalog. anyone have expereince with their mirrors? i think the "california style" loook good in the catalog. anyone have them, or does anyone have a picture of a car with these mirrors that they can post?

also, a friend just gave me a set of wheels (they are four lugnut wheels so im assuming they are compatible with the z) that he isnt using--i think the brand is american eagle (they look similar to the panasports). anyways, i want to know if they will fit well on my 240 and if there are any mods i need to do to make them fit. here is the info about the wheels:

size: 15x5.5
bolt pattern: 4 on 130mm
offset: +20mm
center bore: 88.9mm
cap: 3029-06

finally, i want to buy "z" logo center caps to replace the ugly center caps these wheels come with. i am looking in the MSA catalog but i dont know which diameter size i should buy. should i just measure the wheel or is there some other way to know>?
thanks,
daniel

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, it sounds like these wheels won't fit, and they aren't for sale because i have to give them back to the person who gave them to me (they are his to sell). But, it seems silly that these wheels are so incompatible with my car--basically i am wondering if there is any way to make them work. i have complete access to a nissan dealer, including the dealership's parts dept., so if there is any way to make these wheels work on my car--i can do it. anyone have a suggestion?

-daniel

·
Registered
139 Posts
get adaptors

Get adaptors and run Honduh wheels. With adaptors, you can use any FWD Honda wheel. Wheels for Z's are a Pain in the @ss to find and get cheaply. Check Centerlines, they have some decent Billet wheels in the correct bolt pattern and offset for our cars, for around $200 a wheel.

!M!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so, there is no adaptor i can use to make wheels fit on my 240z that have the following description:

size: 15x5.5
bolt pattern: 4 on 130mm
offset: +20mm
center bore: 88.9mm
cap: 3029-06

·
Registered
231 Posts
I ordered a set of "turbo concept" mirrors from MSA back in July. I have called every 2 weeks and they are STILL on backorder. They tell me the company that makes them is based in Italy and that they are in the middle of some kind of merger. Anyways, they will probably look very nice if they ever arrive. Just a heads up if you are wanting mirrors any time in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.