ZCar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure this thread has been done many times but I’m in the process of restoring a 71’ 240 and I’m starting to look into wheels. I posted on a Facebook page so I’m sure I’ll get a few people from there commenting but I’ll attach what I’m going for. I intend on putting stock suspension on for budget reasons so no coilovers for now. If someone can suggest something lower than stock let me know. I don’t want any rubbing and really like the look of the wheels on the orange car
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If that's the look you're going for, you will probably find the car needs to be lowered. Otherwise, you'll have nice wheels but a larger gap between the tires and fender than what you see in the pictures. Eibach makes springs that lower the car 1-1.5", the kit is about $325 or so. Some people claim that the car didn't get any lower after installing these and it's hypothesized that 50 year old springs are no longer stock height due to sagging and in essence, are lower than stock. Here's a set of the wheels. Do your homework though, there are some conflicting reports about whether those will fit or not. Spacers may be needed, maybe not. Fenders may need to be rolled, maybe not. Assuming you're going to increase the width of your tires with those wide wheels, consider what that will do to the effort needed to turn at low speed.
I’m putting new rear panels on so I’d hope no rolling is needed. And am installing new springs and shocks regardless so I may look into that kit. Just really worried about putting all the money into the metal work and paint just to wack it with the new wheels

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All wheels we sell at theztore.com fit a stock body Z with no modifications. We are exclusive to Eibach on the progressive lowering springs they make for the early Z cars and we are also exclusive on the Koni Sport strut inserts which at the moment are the best adjustable insert you can run.
I found the 16x8 wheels they have a 4 offset, do you know if this will work?. I’d be interested in the eibach lowering springs. I’m not sure sure about the rest yet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts