ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question - what would you say is the quantitative value difference between a 240z Series 1 and a 240z Series 3 car (all other things being equal)?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Might be good to check past Ebay auctions, too. I was in Hagerty's website today and I believe that you have to join their auto club to get a dollar valuation quote.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Quick question - what would you say is the quantitative value difference between a 240z Series 1 and a 240z Series 3 car (all other things being equal)?
What is a Series 3? Somebody's label of 1, 2, or 3 is not going to be much of a difference maker. VIN seems to matter, along with quality of the car. Get over to classiczcars.com if you have an actual car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
go check hagerty.com 's valuation charts

I haven't looked at Hagerty's Z-car valuations but if it's anything close to what they used to show on my Porsche 930 it won't be even close (it'll show far higher value than what the real-world market will bear). Hagerty valued my 930 at between $130-140K, which is in the neighborhood of $50K more than what I sold it for - and I got for it almost exactly what I should have according to the market.

I suspect there are lots of listings on ebay, but listings on that site don't sell far more often than they do.

If you're looking for anything resembling the real world, have a look at Bring a Trailer.

_

1 - 6 of 6 Posts