ZCar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back about 9 years ago, I purchased a conversion kit from somewhere that I can't recall. It uses 240SX calipers and an 11.25" diameter cross-drilled rotor.
Anyway, one of the calipers is leaking, and I would like to upgrade to a caliper that is lighter and has more piston area (think Willwood). What I would like to avoid is replacing the mounting brackets as that will entail cutting the existing bracket in half, or pulling the stub axles. I can't find a Willwood caliper with the required mounting center of 4.5", so I will probably have to make an adapter for the existing bracket. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I say bite the bullet and get a conversion kit from Motorsports in CA. My original conversion kit was from Zquip in GA. No way could I find both replacement calipers. So I went to a different system.

BTW, I feel your pain!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Why not just seriously beef up the front discs and rebuild the drums? You'll get almost as good stopping as 4 disc if you put those toyota suv brakes on the front.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny that you should ask that. When I did the brakes, I also went with individual master cylinders for the front and rear. I don't think that I sized the MC's properly - the car stops very good, but takes a lot of pedal pressure. I am in the process of changing them, that's when I noticed that one of the rear calipers was leaking a little. I am waiting on a re-man caliper to get me going this season, and hopefully I sized the MC's correctly this time. I went with a little bit smaller diameter MC's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts